View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 09:13 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Duped

Originally Posted by posiesperson View Post
Carol and mrphillips,

Thanks for sharing your stories. I need the reminder that no contact is SO important. There are times when I think, "Gee, wonder if I could have contact/be friends with my exA someday? Maybe if the drinking stopped??" Right. The adult me totally knows that's a load of BS, and absolutely a state of totally asking for chaos and drama in my life. That's a slippery slope that I need to stay off of...thank you, and hugs to you both.

posie
Yep. Sounds like me. I entertain the idea that maybe I can be friends with my exAGF, but then the lies, manipulations and deceit start up immediately, heck, they never stop, and she has a vast array of enablers who participate in the lies as well, so you simply cannot win. It gets nasty almost immediately. I end up on the defensive against all the falsehoods spread about me, and then I get sucked in. It's like entering the twilight zone, every single aspect of her life is phony, false, and lie filled. It's like wading into a muddy bog and getting your boots stuck in it.