Thread: Stressed out
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 04:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
artsoul
SR Fan

Hi BC (I like your name, by the way!)

When I was just a week or two sober, I was facing not being able to pay my bills and the stress was so great I couldn't eat or sleep for days. I feared asking my elderly parents for assistance, but finally had to share with them the position I was in. Being a single mom with two kids still living here, I didn't want to lose my house.

They were able to give me a little temporary help. After that I called the bank and it was suggested that I consider refinancing, which I did. That will enable me to go for another month or two and I got out a little money to start my own website, which I had been putting off for years.

This month has still been tight, but now that I have 3 months of sobriety, I feel as though I can handle more than I ever could while I was drinking. I've done a bit of praying, too, which can't hurt!

This may be of no help to you, but I just wanted to share my own experience. I'm sure there are a LOT of people who get sober and stay that way even when finances are terrible. I hope you find something soon. I'll include you in my prayers. Good luck and don't drink over it!!!!!!!!!!!!