View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 08:40 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

Originally Posted by nodaybut2day View Post
If you care for this man, which I think you still do, then give him the DIGNITY of finding his own recovery. By "sticking it out", you are preventing him from reaching his bottom and perhaps finding his way to recovery.

Your 4 lovely children deserve a SAFE and SANE home, whether it have one parent or two. Sure, we'd all love to provide our children with a "normal" two parent home, but when that's not possible at least give them a home with one happy and healthy parent, where there's no threat of violence, no dance of madness and no fear for the alcoholic's NEXT drinking binge. They deserve this.

Please consult a lawyer ASAP and find out what your options are.

And please keep posting. SR is always open
A few months ago, LMC (Little Miss Coyote, 9yo TOMORROW) was lamenting about coming from a single parent home, and believe me, I get it. She said she wished she had a "normal" home with a mom and a dad.

I thought a minute and asked her how many kids at school she knew who had a mom and a dad, after a moment she said 2. My response was that SHE was living in a "normal" home. Sadly the "broken homes" out number the intact ones.

Any way, it gave her a new perspective and seemed to make her feel some better about her situation. It's been 6 months or so, and hasn't come up again.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote