View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 01:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
LifeIs

Racaple,
I have always been of the opinion that once you love someone, you can't just stop loving them. I have been divorced a number of years and had 3 children with my ex. How can I say after 20 years of marriage that I don't love him? He is the father of my children, some of the best times of my life were had with him. He was my first real love. Now, years down the road, I still love him, would never want to live with him again... but he is who he is and was such an important part of my life. We talk (usually about the kids), get together once in a while (with the kids), and I can still see what attracted me to him when I was young, but now he wouldn't be my choice in a mate!

You just get on with your life. Your doing great. It is obvious why he wants contact now with his children. He should have thought about that before going to jail. Always tell the children the truth about their dad, don't hide anything, then they can contact him, if they want, when they are older. Don't let him play with your sentiments. Put him behind and go forward. Yes, remember the good times, but don't dwell on them..

Be strong!