View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 05:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
soberbythesea

So glad to see the great things that are happening for everyone, here are a few of mine:

- I am on day 9 of being sober.

- Every morning for the past few days, I have woken up full of energy, having slept well and looking forward to the day.

- I am enjoying being hydrated all the time now that I'm drinking water and fruit juices instead of alcoholic beverages.

- Things are going really well at work lately. I made an important presentation last week and did very well with it (I was complimented by several higher-ups) and I think the newfound energy and vitality I have from being sober had a lot to do with that.

- Yesterday I dug out an old amethyst pendant from my jewelry box, shined it up and am now wearing it around my neck as a reminder to myself of my commitment to staying sober. I recently learned that amethyst symbolizes sobriety (apparently the word "amethyst" comes from an old Greek word for "not drunk".) It's nice to have a physical reminder of my commitment, even though no one but me knows why I am wearing it (and now all of you.)

-- SBTS