View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Pelican
peaceful seabird

Originally Posted by HisChild View Post
He struggles with depression and would usually just get drunk and go to bed. He drinks from morning to night.

When is it time to file for divorce? My small children and the fear of raising them alone is what has kept me here. I feel so alone and could use the thoughts of others who have been in this situation and is there hope for his recovery or am I just spinning my wheels.
Welcome to the SR family!

You will find lots of support and information here. Please make yourself at home.

I am a single mom with two teens in my home. I left my active alcoholic husband because I wanted a better life for myself and my children. I had been a SAHM and went back to work after staying home 12 years. I found support here and through Alanon meetings. I am working on my recovery with the assistance of self-help books.

I am also a recovering alcoholic.

I was diagnosed with depression in my early 20's. I know that my alcoholism kept my depression alive. Alcohol is a depressant. IMHO, your AH (alcoholic husband) will not be able to treat his depression until he treats his alcoholism.

It is his addiction and he needs to find the solution. I learned about the three C's of addiction here at SR. They are:

You did not cause the alcoholism
You can not control the alcoholism
You will not cure the alcoholism

The only thing (life) you can control is YOU. You can take care of yourself and your children. They need you to protect them and love them.

We are here to support you.