View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 01:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Welcome to SR, HisChild.

I am a survivor of domestic abuse. My now 32 year old daughter spent 5 years of her early life living in a home with alcoholics/addicts, and violence.

She is an active addict today, and also seeks out unhealthy relationships with addicts/alcoholics.

Your husband has been through rehab. He has the tools for recovery.

He has made the conscious choice to return to active alcoholism.

The good news is you can find recovery for yourself from the wounds of living with an active alcoholic, and you can be an emotionally healthy parent for your children.

They have no voice, and it's wonderful you realize he cannot come back home. Protect those children like the precious beings that they are.

Please contact your nearest domestic violence center, and see if you can talk to a counselor.

Get your hands on a copy of the book "Codependent No More" by Melody Beattie. "Women Who Love Too Much" by Robin Norwood is also a good read.

Find some local Alanon meetings and start attending. There you will find the face-to-face support that is so invaluable in recovery. They will understand there, I promise.

I know how scary it is to think of being a single parent in life, but it is possible, and it doesn't have to be scary.

I raised two daughters as a single parent. My recovery support circle has been there with me every step of the way. One of my first sponsors was in the room with me when I delivered my second daughter.

Again, welcome to SR. I hope you continue to post, and know that you are among friends.