View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 05:05 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Starburst
Persevere, Never give up!

Originally Posted by FarawayFromCars View Post
I have personally found reading the posts in there to be enlightening rather than a negative experience. It helped me to better understand what my sister--an actively drinking alcoholic not in recovery--is going through. Through reading about their experiences I have learned that what my sister is doing is what alcoholics do. I find it much easier now to relate her behavior to the disease and consequently have been able to let go much more.

Yes we cry, scream, type, pull our hair out because of "their" behavior, but what I've learned is that, like my alcoholic sister, alcoholics will do what their disease dictates them to do, and until they realize something within and want to change, they won't. And their alcoholic traits will continue.

I've also been inspired by many who are "on the other side" on the forum--i.e. have decided to change and are actively seeking recovery. Their stories give me hope that my sister will one day find her way back.
Hi, just want to ditto this, i feel exactly the same, i read posts from all forums, really helps put things in perspective! My problem was my AH who i can say i understood so much better from being here, thanks SR. FarawayFromCars, just wanted to tell you there is hope, my AH hit major rock bottom last Sunday! I had to leave for a few days with the kids until he sobered up again! but i am back home and he is now a RAH on Day 7, there is hope, just give your sister over to HP, he loves and cares for each one of us!