Thread: So Confused
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 06:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
chicory

Miss,
If I may say so, this is a very important time in you and your babys life. A time for bonding, for learning, for having moments that you will always remember. This time goes so quickly, and your baby will not be this age ever again. You need to be able to focus on yourself and the baby now. I think it is a blessing that this person is not there in your house, to make you miserable again. You know, it would happen again, and this time would be clouded forever in your memory. you would look back at your early memories of your baby, and it would be tainted by a selfish , unavailable man. No one is more valuable than your self and your baby.

The why's? Well, it reminds me of a toxic relationship I had with an alcoholic once. He would not stop drinking- did not really have a problem - uh, right.

He would not be there for me, emotionally, and we would break up . He would date countless barflies, and then come back begging me- cause he knew I loved him. Or whatever it was that I felt. regardless, I cared more than the other women did, and he wanted that reassurance. no matter that he could not give me what i needed. he wasted my time. He always wanted to be loved, adored, but did not give it in return. pretty selfish.
i think that is why some men come back, begging. they want that "motherly, devoted kind of love- even if they are too selfish to give it back. they miss it when it is gone, but when they have it, they dont appreciate it. like spoiled little brats.

He keeps begging to wear you down, to lower your resistance. you gave an inch and he hopes you will again. just my opinion, from some crummy experience.

it is so crappy, that they want to be loved, but dont care if you are loved the way you want to be.
Pooh on that, I say!
Your baby will be the real thing. they love you unconditionally, they think you are the greatest thing in the world. they need their mommy to be rested, happy, and able to focus on the greatest experience in the world, parenthood.

my wishes are for you to put the garbage out, and dont look back. you deserve more than garbage.

hugs, and congrats on your new baby. dont let anyone steal any of those precious moments.