View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 09:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Supercrew

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
Hi Supercrew. I used to be the praying type long, long ago. Then things changed for me...not to say praying doesn't has its usefulness for those that engage in such behaviors...but now I do things in a secular way. Hence I hang out in the Secular Connections Forum. At any account I hope you can feel comfortable here on the SR secular side of recovery.
Ha Ha Zen! I edited my post, because I didn't want to offend anyone. The pray thing comes from a standup routine by George Carlin regarding religion, you can find it on youtube. (I posted it, but thought better of it after reading the stickies)

I don't believe in much, aside from myself and my family. I'm not religious, but I like Santa Claus, I would much rather see a big bunny delivering eggs than a crucifiction. I think I once had an alien experience......but I was drinking, and I think Carlins skit on religion rings pretty true. If there is a greater power I wouldn't call his work devine.

Just checking in to get away from some of the preaching on other parts of the board, and trying to find the best way to keep my sobriety!