View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 08:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I think a little history with me and here at the secular side of SR may be helpful. I have had a big bone to pick with a certain recovery method that will go nameless in honor of Secular Connections (SC). In fact I will tread lightly as it is the proper thing to do. So when I first came to SR and SC in particular...it was the wild wild west here. Lots of slamming, berating and a good heavy handed amount of bashing of **. I think You may know what I'm writing about [if not private message me]. And I was in the middle of it....or as much as I could get away with that is.

Not a good thing for me to base some of my recovery on the absolute detest of another addiction recovery system. No, no, no there has to be a better way for me. So it came to me that if I focused all my attention on what worked for me (secular recovery methods) then I would have little of my precious recovery efforts wasted on...well that which distracts me from the freedom of addiction. And so I try to grow fort with those methods that have made a lasting impact on my recovery, life and my social interaction with others.

One thing that has helped recently is to lighten up. Why get all bent out of shape on what others are doing in recovery, even if it looks very suspect to me. Hey...whatever floats your boat and keeps you sober...right. Another thing is the powers to be made me a 'community greeter' here at SR. Very clever of them...LOL. I have to watch my P's and Q's about this place.

So There it is...a hella lot out of me and not much on the subject of alternative recovery. But that's the great thing about SR. One gets to process their recovery...right where there are as they are. Okay just a word about my way of addiction treatment...actually my dual-addiction treatment: empowerment. When I move from this position I feel progressive and not in-captured in some antiquated recovery ideology. See...no names...LOL.