Thread: So Confused
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 11:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

I just cannot understand how someone can be so blind, so hypocritical. There is no love in his heart, and although it seems crazy, it seems like he doesn't even really feel the pain of losing his mother and is using it more as leverage to try to get to me. How evil is that? I am drained and mad and sometimes wish it were him that went instead of his mother.
Are you serious MissB?? You wish you were dead because of THIS guy???? Stop that!!! There is NO MAN on EARTH who is worth dying over.

Listen, I know you cannot understand HOW or WHY someone would be this way. I didn't either. We involve ourselves with people who do not THINK like us, ACT like us, CARE like us, or FEEL like us and then wonder WHY they are not like us. Then we try to change them to make them BE like us. We fool ourselves by continuing to think they are ONE THING when they are something completely different. And we REFUSE to see the truth.

WhatEVER comes out of his mouth you need to start IGNORING. In fact, why have you not gone No Contact again? Sorry your mom died, pal. Wish you had been sober to have a better relationship with her but NOT.MY.PROBLEM. Sorry you are crying and feel bad that you lost a loved one but I.AM.NOT.A.PSYCHIATRIST. Put the necklace in the mailbox? Are you SERIOUS? Do you have any idea that he is FAKING YOU OUT? He couldn't give a $hit about that necklace and you are falling for it, hook, line, and sinker. Mail it to him. Stop talking to him.

OK, acknowledge your mistake--You fell for it and re-connected with him. LEARN from it: You get hooked when you feel sorry for him. And take action: Go No Contact again. This time you will go a longer period of time. THIS TIME when you start feeling sorry for him for whatever happens in his life, stop yourself from reacting and expend whatever energies and resources you otherwise would expend on HIM, on YOURSELF.