View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 08:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mark75

Originally Posted by Lizrox View Post

I take seroquel as well; that may be a big part of the problem.
I think so!!

I've been where you are... it sucks totally and it was the reason I had to try multiple times to finally break clear of stimulants... Because like you, I was taking sleeping pills to go to sleep, I had to... with all that Ritalin I was taking... The key for me was to get off the sleeping pills... only then did I begin to feel somewhat normal. But I had a rough couple of weeks.... Like I mentioned in another thread, I am two years off the stimulants this week.... I feel fine.

Get clean, completely clean... then maybe you can start and get recovered. Exercise, read, eat good, sleep like a normal person...

Don't waste your time and money on Vitamins, OTC energy potions, etc... nothing (well, that's legal and non addicting) will help get your energy back while you are on seroquel... If you need help sleeping, there are lot's of suggestions floating around this forum... I like valerian, meditation/relaxation music, avoiding caffeine, especially late in the day... stuff like that.

Lean into this recovery thing... it's a hard road at first, but it gets better, and better, and better... I promise. Being the life of the party all the time will take it's toll, then, before you know it ... you really will be an old lady, before your time...