View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 07:03 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
suchAsucker

Much Thanks to DollyDo & Everyone Else

I rarely post.. but this has brought me out in my small way... in the 70s & 80s there was still a BS idea of "recreational" use.. even the early 90s.. I never really thought of it more than alcohol use.. just a "phase".. until I met an addict... then everything changed... and, I'm sorry to say, that my brother just got married and his new wife who has EVERY sad sign of pill/opiate dependence (even on their wedding day)... there is nothing I can do... I guess it was my "Generation X" sensibility --> that the recreation was a phase that would pass... until I understood ADDICTION... Now, all I do is throw up my hands and pity the one who has CHOSEN TO ENDURE IT.... it is as much a life sentence as the Addict.

Prison... Life of BS.. Lies.. Promises.. Nothing changes... in many ways... yes.. in many ways, I'm glad I'm done with living day-and-out with the BS.. But also, I'm glad that now I can put my little finger to the tip of my mouth and say "mmmmmmmm", I SEE YOU...

At many times during my waking hours I get angry that such a stupid thing, a drug, can change EVERYTHING. Life. Death.

In many ways, it really is THE EASY WAY OUT. Addicts Screw family and friends. Screw job and support. Screw a personal compass and morality. Isn't that easy?!?

My friend,.... I don't know what's going on with us...I don't know why addiction torments us as it does... but only YOU can make the choice to remove yourself from its grip. The only one that you can attempt to help is yourself -- and depending upon how deeply woven you are into his life, your journey may be more difficult than you can envision.

I assure you, as hard as it was for me, it is equally difficult for you. Just know that IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO... for any moral or selfish reason, please separate from the addict as soon as you can bear it... the pain of leaving never lasts as long as the marathon to endure its consequences..

[And to my friends in SR, please forgive me for stepping over the boundaries of advice... I was compelled to do so tonite... my brother is on his honeymoon..]

xxoo, suchAsucker