View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 11:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Beantowngirl

I hadn't even really thought about pressing charges. I can't actually prove anything, how does that work when you press charges? And there are other people who have access to my house, such as my dog walker and my cleaning person, but I've known them both for years and they have both proven themselves to be trustworthy people, unlike my ex. Also don't have any pics of the missing jewelry or any idea of how much it's worth.

And it's been 4 months, so I'm assuming my stuff is long gone. I do have a fantasy floating around in my head that he took the stuff but felt too guilty to actually go sell it so maybe he's still holding onto it. But I know that's just a fantasy, and the reality is that I'm not ever going to see my stuff again.

I do feel so violated, can't even fully express how. The stuff he took was handed down to me from my family, that I'm now estranged from. My ex knows the whole story about my family and has been a support to me in the past when it comes to that stuff, so something about that makes it an even bigger slap in the face.