Old 07-27-2010, 11:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
LifeIs

Great post La Femme!

I can't add any experience because I never really tried to stop drinking before this... yea, cut back a tiny bit once in a while for short periods, but never actually stopped. Did try to become a weekend only drinker the week before I quit, but that was a disaster... made up for a Tuesday through Thursday not drinking and drank it all on the Friday! That was the weekend I quit. That was the first time I actually came to terms with the fact that I was powerless. That was the weekend I decided that I would die if I didn't stop.... so I did.

These past 6 months have not always been easy, but I think I am on the home stretch now. Taking care of my health problems, losing weight. I gained quite a bit between January when I quit smoking and since March when I quit drinking. I had such sugar urges, it was terrible. Over that now and eating well, not exercising, but trying to walk a lot.

I do meditate, I read and write in my journal. I consciously try to be a better person all around. Kinder to myself, to other people and the environment. Can't really call this a method, but it works for me!
:ghug3