View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 09:35 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Chino

I'm still working my way through this. The more I research and think about it, the more clarity I'm gaining in what I would like to see happen.

In my state, local law enforcement only recently gained access to the INS database. A lot of people here were seriously scratching their heads, wondering why they didn't have access before? Well, they had to make a law for that to happen.

I don't understand why controlled substance prescriptions between doctors and patients can't be entered into a national pharmaceutical database, overseen by the DEA, the same way they do pseudoephedrine.

There are 3 of us in our home who use Claritin D. When all of us went through a really bad spot with allergies a couple of months ago, I went to the pharmacy to buy more for all of us. When we ran out and needed more, I was not allowed to purchase more because I exceeded my personal limit.

The pharmacist explained to me the database does not go by address, it goes by consumer. In other words, someone else in my home would have to purchase them. I told my family it's every person for themselves from now on, buy your own!

After thinking this through a little more, I'm even more in favor of a national database. It will at least slow down pushers and users alike, and or force them to become more creative.