Thread: So Discouraged
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rozied
rozied

So Discouraged

I have been coming here on and off for about 5 yrs. Before that I had been in a few 12 step programs, but its still very hard. For me it was easier when it was my husband who was the addict cuz after 10yrs I divorced him. That was over 30 yrs ago. Now the addict is my 43 yr old son and its alot harder cuz you cannot divorce your child, but I can separate myself from him and thats what I've finally done.
He got out of jail Christmas Day and since he has been out it is one mess after another and I cannot believe a word he says. Last Monday he asked me to cash a check for him that his girlfriend got from her father so I did. He swore the check was good. Friday there was money missing out of my cking account so I called my bank. I had completely forgotten about the ck. Well it was returned for insufficient funds, so it cost me $150 for the ck & a $12 service charge.
There is so much it is silly to even post it all. I am broken hearted but that doesn't solve anything. He is hurting everyone in our family and I cannot have that. The only thing I can do is separate myself from him.