View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 09:45 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
LaFemme

Hey Dinaminc...I care and I am sending positive thoughts your way. I live by the idea that people who live in glass houses shouldn't cast the first stone...I am guessing that everyone who is here has probably suffered a relapse at some point in the road to recovery.

While I understand what Midnightrun is getting at, I think we have to remember that there is a vast difference between an online forum and an AA meeting that is face to face. Tone and intent do not always come across through an email and it is easy to read an email the wrong way. We need to be extra careful how our posts might come across.

Also, one of the things I like here is that there are plenty of people who are not on AA here. If you are not on AA you shouldn't be called to task for not living by AA's 12 steps or ideas. You came here for support and comfort and got reamed....there is a time and place for everything, and since we weren't in the room with you we weren't (IMO) in the position to call you out. I have seen a number of other people post here about relapses and not get "called out" but given support and constructive advice.

Just saying.