Thread: Frustrated
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 04:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Bamboozle
I got nothin'

My problems started long before the alcohol.

That said, I still have to deal with the alcohol addiction...it's been a problem even with over a year sober (and how! I'm surprised I've made it as long as I have...)

Shoot, I was walking through a local festival yesterday to get some really good food...and several people were walking around with HUGE mugs of beer...man some days it's tough.

Yes, I'm still sober, but I won't lie and say that everything's 100% fantabulous. Obviously sometimes when I'm around alcohol it's bothersome..and the funny thing is there is always booze in the house...but the vast majority of the time that doesn't bother me. Lol...yesterday I was looking in the fridge, saw a bottle of wine and said to myself, 'what's the point? that wouldn't be enough!' Luckily I'm too lazy to make an effort to drink...and lately I've had to remind myself of what happens when I do and how hard it was to stop the last time and how in only 3 days during my last relapse I was back to my old drinking levels. I don't have the energy to deal with a relapse...sh*t...that's a full time job...so I do something else.

I know that when my depression is acting up (now) I need to be on guard. Who knows how long this terrible ride will last...I hope I feel better soon. I just focus on keeping my head above the water.

I don't like it, but addiction is a part of who I am. Yea. Addiction and depression.

Which reminds me...I need to do something about all the food I eat...I'm in no hurry to tackle that one...that'll be tougher than quitting booze.

*slamming my head to the desk*