View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 04:41 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Angelic17

Originally Posted by coolrobin2 View Post
I found my daughter's prescription bottles from last year. Over 200 oxycontins in one fill? I agree that something has to be done. As long as people can doctor shop, the accessibility is so convenient.

I've been struggling with my son for over a year now and had no clue that my daughter (his sister) had a bigger problem than he did.

I've been collecting the bottles and the papers for the prescriptions and am in shock. The amounts of pills she is being prescribed is absolutely horrifying.

Coolrobin2, I totally understand the situation with the pills being prescribed for your daughter. It's unbelievable. That is why I said the Government needs to crack down on the doctors that are doing this. I got a lot of back lash for saying that previously in this post, but I also got alot of support. Does your daughter live in Florida? I'm just wondering, because I know it's a problem down there. I haven't seen that in NJ where I live, but then again, I am clean so I really wouldn't know. When I was using opiates and living in Brooklyn, I was able to get ridiculous amounts there too.

My son was in Florida and he was doing what your daughter is doing. It's insane. Something needs to be done. My other replies on this post have me complaining of this exact thing. What kind of doctor prescribes that quantity of drugs to a young healthy person who is in his 20's? It makes me crazy. Our kids are getting more and more severly addicted, and some are dying. And nobody's doing anything. Thanks for your input on this.