View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 10:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

hi there and WELCOME to SR! This place is wonderful for support, humour, or just to hang out. Feel free to post and read as much as you need. SR is always open.

As for your husband, if you have problem with his drinking, then there's a problem. It doesn't matter what he thinks. And it doesn't matter what his friend says. You feel uncomfortable with the alcohol.

As Suki mentioned, there's really nothing you can do, say, or not do or not say that will change your AH (alcoholic husband). He'll go right on drinking until...well, until he decides he's had enough and seeks recovery, or maybe never. The only power you have is over yourself. You can focus on YOU, and on your lovely children.

You can ask yourself "What do I want for myself? Where do I see myself in 5 years? How do I get there?".

I also wanted to speak to the fact that you have children with your AH. Though he's not abusive towards them, you can bet that they are equally affected by constantly seeing their dad drunk. Talk to some of the ACOA on the board (adult children of alcoholics) and they'll all tell you how it was growing up in an alcoholic household.

Have you considered going to Al-Anon for some support?

Keep posting! SR is a great place to be.