View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 06:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
pinkflamingo

New here, he doesn't want to stop

Hi, I'm new here. My husband has an alcohol problem. I say he's an alcoholic he's not so sure.

This past week has been eye opening. I finally left for the night last Thursday. Twice last week he said he would SLOW down drinking. He didn't. He's been sober maybe 4 days total in the past month.

My DH doesn't miss work, doesn't' spend all our money, physically abuse me or the kids. So of course he doesn't think he has a problem. He does. He can not stop once he starts. He says he wants to quit but he keeps making excuses to drink. At poker night, when all the families get together...

I don't know what to do. I'm lost. I'm scared. I do not want to get a phone call saying he's been arrested.

He sits in the garage alone, I sit in the bedroom alone. I'm afraid to say something to him when he's drinking. I don't want to set him off. He's not physically violent but he's not nice.

He thinks he can stop drinking during the week and just drink on weekends. I'm not comfortable with that. His friend says I'm a control freak.

I don't know what to do. Do I let him do what he wants. I thought for sure last Thursday was his rock bottom. Apparently it wasn't. Help. Please.