View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 04:13 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Angelic17

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
Doctor tied to 68 overdose deaths found guilty - Health - Addictions - msnbc.com

I followed the above case in Wichita as it unfolded. The doctor and his wife deserved the guilty verdict 100%.

Thanks so much for posting this Freedom. I think that some of the people replying to my posts are reading what they want to read and not what I am saying. I'm not blaming ethical and practical doctors. I'm blaming the ones that are in pain clinics (like down in Florida) and prescribing a young, lying, manipulating addict, like my own son, large quantities of oxycodone, percocette, and xanax, so they can use them, sell them and overdose.

I do believe that burn victims, and cancer patients along with any other person that is in horrible ligitimate pain should be able to get the pain medications that they need.

My gripe is the doctors that are prescribing large quantities of them to my healthy son who is in his 20's. He is physically fit, healthy, and has no medical problems. What I said in a previous post is that a good ethical, practical physician would do his job and request MRI's or something to verify that this young addict is really in need. Not these doctors that give them out like candy to these young addicts.

Geez, this is so hard to make people understand. Maybe if they had a child that was using these drugs, or GOD FORBID a child or a loved one who has died because of this, they would be singing a different tune about these pain clinics, and Mickey Mouse doctors that are there prescribing this garbage to our kids.

I know that addiction is up to the person. I am an addict in recovery for the past 5 years. I know it's my responsibility to not use the drug. However, these young kids that are already addicted, are not capable of realizing what these drugs will do to them. They are not worried about anything but getting more and more. I know when I was using I didn't think anything was wrong with the drug either. It wasn't until the suffering of getting off of these drugs that I realized why my practical and ethical doctor wouldn't give them to me freely. So at that time I found one who did. Thank GOD those pain clinics weren't around when I was using, or I would probably be dead.

Sometimes when your involved with the drugs, YOU JUST CAN'T SEE, the whole picture, and what the drugs are really doing to you. At least I couldn't and I was an adult at the time. Some of these patients are 19 and 20 year olds.

I didn't say for the Goverment to ban pain killers from the world. I said they need to crack down on the clinics and doctors prescribing them unethically for financial gain.

End of story.