Old 07-19-2010, 06:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
sandrawg

I cut communication with all THREE of my sisters, and I don't regret it.

One of them helped ruin my marriage with her delusions that my exhusband was abusing me. Another one was married to an alcoholic, crack addict who touched me inappropriately in the car on the way back from my niece's birthday party. My third sister is a religious nut who never ceases to make it plain that she thinks I am going to h*ll unless I start going to church - she was with an AH for 15 yrs.

I can't even believe any of these women are related to me. It boggles my mind.

Just because you are in the same family with someone does not mean you have to tolerate disrespect from them, or that you're obligated to help them in any way, or even speak to them, if they are destructive and might bring you down.

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post

I personally had to cut all communication with my youngest brother, who was what I thought was my best friend for most of my life, because of the sickness, chaos, and pain he brought me. I have never regretted that decision. I found my peace that way. I realized that I held onto him, kept him in my life despite all the problems he created, because I had an idea of what life is supposed to look like. I thought I knew what brothers and sisters do. It was like some kind of dream that existed only in my mind, and never in reality.