Old 07-19-2010, 02:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
kelsh

Thumbs up Should I stay in contact with my Alcoholic Brother?

MyBroIsAlco,

Hi again. I kinda left you quickly there. We are back home & my Husband has the flu and Pneumonia again so is on an antibiotic...same routine we go through most times. So glad he didn't have to stay in the hospital again because he doesn't get his meds on time & they let his fever get so high he is hallucinating before they know it...can't seem to understand one little factor that is different from most people.

Anyway I shortened my post about keeping in contact with my Brother. I guess I am of the feeling that if he is bad sick or dies, someone will call me because he has good support. I sound kinda cold but I have to protect myself too.

He had stopped using the Meth using alcohol to detox & a doctor's help but refused to do a medical detox under supervision in-patient so he ended up having one heart attack...survived that & then relapsed around Christmas Time 2009 & had a second heart attack so that woke him up to realize this is serious & dangerous business.

I love my Brother with all my heart & would do most anything to help him if he is trying & not in denial of the whole picture of where he has been and what he is trying to do to get better. It is sad but we both have the strong predisposition for alcoholism & depression and for years he has denied he had a problem just his best friends & son & daughter had the problems. It doesn't work that way.

kelsh