Old 07-18-2010, 10:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Max10

Question regarding opposite sex sponsorship

My husband has been involved in helping a young woman half his age for the last 3 weeks. It has negatively impacted our relationship ( in terms of him not having time + any energy for me +the family). He has taken her to AA and she reluctantly found a temp sponsor. He did not put any boundaries in place, despite my request to that effect. He says that there is nothing to their friendship( he is a friends of her father) and my discomfort and mistrust are my issues. I have been very upset, angry and sad because it feels like the "helping" has evolved into emotional infidelity. When we spoke this weekend, he agreed to not go to the same meetings(we live in a different town) however this evening he said he might go to these meetings. I said that we would have a major problem in our marraige if he goes to the same meetings, he sees it as me giving him an ultimatum. Either way I question why he would risk so much over somebody who he allegedly has no feelings for. Am I over reacting? Please: no husband bashing, just unemotional, honest feedback would be very much appreciated.
Thanks for your time.