View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 08:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
caligirl71

New here....so sad and unsure........

Hi..I have been lurking here for quite some time but chose not to post until now. My life is spinning out of control!! My husband is an alcoholic and I've know it for a long time-I think everyone in the family has. He has admitted it several times and even went to a few AA meetings but then always takes it back & blames me for making him think he is one!! We have two little ones and they are the ones I worry for most. My oldest has started to count the empty cans & keep track of how much his dad drinks! Whenever I confront him on his drinking he gets angry & drinks more. He says he will never quit & doesn't care what anyone thinks & if I don't like it I can get out! The problem is I still love him for some insane reason. I feel like I should divorce him but then I'm scared I will regret it. The thought of him with someone else just kills me, but I know we can't go on like this. I feel he is slowly killing himself with booze & damaging my children in the process....any advice would be greatly appreciated....