View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 04:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Lilly Burn

Originally Posted by Shellcrusher View Post
In my part of the world it's Friday. I don't work on the weekend. Most people everywhere rejoice in Fridays. Some people take long weekend vacations. Some are excited about going to dinner or a movie. Some are looking forward to having a few drinks and relaxing a bit.

Not me. I've come to hate Friday. It only means that the potential from my AW to tip off is higher than normal. This means my frustrations and sadness could be elevated.

This pisses me off. I'm not happy that I don't look forward to Friday or weekends or movies or drinks or relaxing. I'm going to change that starting right now.

How about this? Let's all put our minds towards some positivity. I know some of you have the same feeling as me. I know some of you have it worse than me. I suspect everyone struggles a bit more with the loss of their freedom and weekends are a part of that.

I'm putting a call out to every family member in here to post something positive they have planned to do for themselves or with their kids. Let's all get excited about Friday's and weekends again.

I must believe that if there's enough positive thoughts happening, then positive things should occur.

If this has been started already, forgive me. I'm new and I didn't find it.

Let me get us started.

I'm going fishing by myself this weekend!
Hey, i used to dread any kind of social thing at all, i used to spend all my time looking over my shoulder as my friend later said, i dont have to do that anymore..ive a great social life and enjoy a drink or two, i even have a really grown up thing where alcohol is in the house and it is there for more than two minutes!!! I really empathise with your situation, its a feeling of dread, what is going to kick off, who will they insult, what kind of argument are you going to get into because they go too far, i really do understand. In my experience, I have to say my STBEXAH left me, i nearly died of grief but im happier now by a long chalk...i wish i had had the strength to realise i was better without him but he had managed to make me think it was all my fault and i couldnt possibly manage without him...wrong wrong wrong...please read my posts..its the same and i too want to enjoy a social life and dont let anyone here tell you different...sometimes if you admit you like a social drink they point a finger...read my posts....Best of luck Lilly x