Old 07-16-2010, 02:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alex001

Exclamation Frustrated, angry, and slightly homicidal

My father's an alcoholic, has been for at least eight years. He's tried to quit a few times, even tried AA...once. But nothing's worked. He's recently started taking the drug Cambral, a craving suppressant.
He managed two days. Now he has a bottle hidden somewhere in his car, or the garage. And he has started arguing against taking the pills.
They were a last resort for my mother, and once again she's dropping the separation line and the "D" word.
So basically, this is what I'm hearing at home: "Leave me alone", "I can't take any more of this", "I've already taken the damn pills!", "We're gonna have to move to a small apartment", etc. etc.
IT PISSES ME OFF. Neither one of them considers how these attitudes are affecting myself and my sisters, and I know it sounds selfish, but I'm going mad. The stress is causing major health problems (I'm only 20!) and, because of this, financial and educational concerns.
This burden is not fair, not on them, or me, or my sisters, or my friends. Sometimes I just want to grab that bottle and smash someone (him) over the head with it. Until then, I don't dare go out for fear that one of my parents won't be there when I come back.

Is this what's happening?