View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 10:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ladyamalthea

(((Chicory))),

If you don't mind me saying so, I'm noticing that you're refering to him as someone who "may be an addict"? Your own post is pretty much proof that there is no maybe about it. This is what addicts do. They constantly blame others, especially when they are angry, and they are especially angry when they cannot use, drink, whatever... it's all the same. Addict, alcoholic... it's just a matter of what their drug of choice is.

If he's pushing you that much, it really may be time to tighten your boundaries some, even if it does mean he ends up on the streets. It's your house, you are definitely within your rights to do that. Maybe even tell him that you are willing to take him to Salvation Army, or whereever else you may be thinking he should go?

Remember, though, that if you set a boundary, and tell him the consequence for breaking that boundary is not staying at your house, and breaks it anyways, then he has made his choice. YOU are not kicking him to the curb. HE is making a choice to be put out.

You're doing so well. Don't let him talk you into self doubt.