View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 09:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
whattodo28

Originally Posted by keepinon View Post
Welcome to SR..I was a Domestic Violence Advocate and Educator for my local womens shelter an I find his thoughts of killing you to be extremely serious. There are several things to factor in also, does he have a history of violence, own or have a fascination with weapons, history of abusing pets or people,have a history of stalking, history or signs of mental illness, made threats of harm to you, himself, or anyone else? If it were me I would talk to someone at my local womens shelter, they can help you with a threat assesment or something similar..what does counselor say? 11 days off booze is not very long and the way you are making it sound he doesn't seem very committed to recovery. The most important thing here is not his sobriety, but your safety.
AH has never hurt me, or even gotten mad at me really. We have very few fights. When he is really drunk he does get aggressive but never to me. There were 2 previous occasions where he cursed out a gas station guy because the ATM didn't work, and then once where he acted like a tiger on a hunt.

He is on an antidepressent. The counselor hasn't said much honestly about the threat expect that I could have had him arrested. He thinks because of his medication mixing with alchol it created a monster when he drinks. My fear is there is a part there that is mean, but it will one day come out when he isn't drinking.

The other flip side to this is he has the ability to kill me with no weapons. He is trained in martial arts. I don't fear him, I just fear a future with him.