View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 11:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
AChapie

OK....so many words later in conversations with supportive friends, I've concluded there really is only one option.

Dear Ken,
I say dear because you have truly become dear to me in the past weeks. Our first meeting was tentative, but sweet. It seemed both of our interests were piqued that day. We seemed to see in each other what we were looking for. Spending more time with you only increased my interest and I know you felt the same. I saw the potential for a lifetime. Your kindness, your thoughtfulness, your generosity was amazing. I was drawn to you. And you to me.
You have tried to be honest with me, I believe that and recognize how hard that was. You have openly shared glimpses into your darker side, I did not judge you as I have my own shady areas. I will admit, some of your story made me uncomfortable since I have such limited experiences with what you have been through.
I have been reflecting on the recent events as well as some of the details of the past weeks. I have spent time clarifying my own beliefs and sorting out my feelings. While the past weeks have been amazing and I have felt you grow in my heart I have made a painful decision. I have decided to end this relationship.
I believe you must center yourself and focus on your sobriety. You have worked hard and you can’t let it slip away. I believe you should be plugged into meetings and people who can help you. You need to do this now. Not tomorrow or next week. Now. I believe you should not be in a relationship with me.
I can not help you.
You touched me. I will miss you and remember you. I wish you every blessing and the strength you need to have the life you deserve.