Old 07-12-2010, 09:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
kelsh

Thumbs up It's been seven days and it keeps getting more difficult

Hi LT,

These seven days are hard & it does seem more difficult as we go along. I was told that if I was a daily drinker & started drinking every day at about the same time that I always had alcohol in my system.

The longer I drank towards the last four years of my drinking the less it took for me to get drunk. I drank at home because I did not want any trouble with the law so always made sure I had my supply already at home or got it on the way home.

When I asked for help the last time I agreed to a medical detox at the local hospital & am so lucky I got to do that so didn't have to suffer any withdrawals except the usual anxiety & panic over not having that liquid courage anymore.

I was 48 years old. I had drank 28 years with sober times here & there when I had my children & when I wanted to stop drinking but couldn't stay stopped.
This time I went to AA, got a Sponsor & worked the program above and beyond what I had ever tried to do before & it worked.

This time I did it just for ME because I had tried to quit for everyone else before and it just didn't seem to matter very long whether I stayed sober for them or not. :day6

I will be looking for your posts & wish you the best ever of luck going a day at a time to stay sober...just for today!

kelsh