View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Still Waters
Being Silent so I can Hear

Tired of it All (this sounds familiar)

So - my AH's attorney says I'm not getting a thing. I'm a deserter.

Maybe I'm out of line here, because I don't know many people who deserted their marriages, but generally speaking a deserter takes their stuff with them.
I would guess?

Someone who flees the marriage would take necessities and just get themselves safe. Which is what I did.

In the mean time, AH has done everything in his power to make it very difficult for me to 1) get representation 2) make it to the court hearings. Not to mention find better employment. Try doing that with no vehicle. It's really all just a continuation of the abuse, the very reason I left.

While I'm busy digging up years worth of bank and telephone records that they asked for, I haven't as yet received copies of anything they have filed with the court. Nothing.

I've called the pro bono attorney five times, and left five different messages. I've heard nothing back.

I want to move on. I want all of that space in my head currently taken up with this mess back.

Some days I'm tempted just to do nothing, and so what when the court gives him everything I own. I don't have it now, so I won't miss it much. I can't afford to hire movers to get it, and I can't rent a truck to go get it myself. So, I guess he gets it all.

I could borrow enough money to get up there with my car key and take back the vehicle he took in the middle of the night. But, he knows where I'm at, he'll just come get it again. If he didn't change the key lock, which he might have done? Doesn't seem worth it.

I guess it's just do the next right thing, which is to keep getting all this paperwork his attorney wants together to mail. Then wait and see.

I'm just so tired of it all.