View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 01:05 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
hopeful4

Hello and Hugs. Blessings to you and your new baby.

That being said, you have a new baby. You need to focus on her and what is best for her. Having an alcoholic in her life is not what is best. If you let this go,trust me, you will eventually get sick of all of his bull. It may take years, but you will. Then what will your little girl have when he leaves??

A man who has caused her mental damage because he has hurt her from being an alcoholic. A man who is not her father that you will have to force out of both of your lives because you cannot stand it anymore for either of you, your daughter or yourself!!

When my husband went to rehab it was the hardest thing to actually realize all the mental damage his antics have caused our girls. They are the most wonderful people in the world and have been hurt by their own father. So, they are in counseling and WILL get past this. He is in counseling and will get past this. I am in counseling and will have to get past not only the damage he has done to me over the years but the guilt that I let my girls be exposed to this in their lives and that they now have a much bigger chance of being users later in their own lives. It breaks my heart.

If you and your baby are so important to him, he will be willing to go to rehab or anything else in the world to make it work. Do not tolerate a user in your lives. Protect that little girl at all costs. If he is not willing to get clean and STAY CLEAN how much does this all mean to him then?

This is just my opinion. I have so many regrets and it has been so much hardship that I did not have to go through. I should have put my foot down years ago....AND LEFT IT THERE! Instead i was too busy trying to "fix" my husband, make excuses for him and take care of him like he was my child instead of having a partner to parent our real children with.

Good luck and God Bless no matter what you decide to do. Take care of yourself and your baby. Have a support system of clean, good people who care about you.

Remember...SR is always open!! Keep posting and reading.