Thread: a magic wand
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 08:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
transformyself
I Love Who I Am

akrasia
I've known other women who have done exactly what you're talking about doing-move out but maintain some sort of relationship. It's their comfort level that's important, not any ones elses. One person in particular, who does post here, maintained that relationship until her A died from alcoholism. She loved him, created the boundaries necessary for herself and still supported him in a way that she was comfortable with, right up until he passed. Now she grieves his loss and the loss of all he was capable of before alcoholism took it all away.

That's not a popular approach here. But it worked for her.

Lots of folks need to have no contact to be have some sanity. You seem sane and intelligent to me. I'm sure with continued reading and support here, you'll come up with a plan that will best keep you more safe and sane. You see the escalation in his drinking that's happening. With continued drinking, that only gets worse. You seem to have some grasp of your powerlessness over his drinking. Cause you really are you know. We all are. Dollydo is absolutly right, the magic want only works on ourselves. But I'm grateful it does!

I'm really glad you're here. Welcome.