View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 04:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Jaffapoppy

It has been 8 days without alcohol and I have been home with my husband after staying with a friend for two nights. We have not had any fights and he is on his second day of not drinking. He is driving himself into the ground with exercise to sleep. He hasn't done any serious exercise for months (years) and has ridden his bike for an hour each day and done a 1 hr walk on a trail with weights. When I asked him why he said how else do you expect me to sleep? (He was self medicating with alcohol in part due to poor sleep) I am pretty fit and woke up this morning exhausted (I run 5 to 10km five days a week and do weights 3 times a week and have done for years). The emotional toil of dealing with my husbands depression, the arguing and maybe quitting alcohol has left me exhausted. I could not get out of bed this morning and called work to say I was sick. Can quitting alcohol give you this fatigue at some point or do people think it is all the other stuff that I am dealing with? I went to our Doctor today and told him about a lot of stuff. He treats my husbands depression. I told him how much he had been drinking and hopefully he can stay off the alcohol and talk him into some counselling. I so much felt like a drink tonightas soon as I walked in the door to lighten the mood and get that cheery buzz and get a bit of happy going. I feel like I don't have that to enjoy with my husband now even though it is counter productive many times. I simply cannot because of the antabuse which saves a lot of angst out of the deciding. Happy Cat has run out of Happy............