View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 02:51 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
sandrawg

Hey hon, it sounds like you're doing pretty well...I would suggest tho, that you try to stay away from her social networking profiles.

Not long after my breakup, a good friend of mine saw my ex's profile on a dating website. This really tore me up for a while. I wish I had never gone and looked at it. Things like that can really set us back.

If you're gonna focus on you, focus on you. Try not to think about what she might be doing or who she might be with. Just know that she's still in her disease, until she surrenders and gets help. That's really all you need to know.

Originally Posted by TheSeeker View Post
Well, just thought I'd update how things are going. I ended up getting to see some family last night that I haven't seen for years. That was nice, and a good distraction from all this. Although, they asked about how my new gf was (thanks fb) and I had to explain that we had broken up. Of course, I didn't go into details. None of my family or friends know that she is an A. They just say that her behavior appears to be very irrational and erratic. In reality, it really is.

I guess she's gone back to her old habits. Her new fb picture is her out dancing at the bar she works at. It makes me sad and angry all at once. I know thy there is nothing I can do. She has to get to the point where she sees what she is doing for what it really is. Still, it stings to know that she has rejected a chance at recovery and a good, supportive partner in me. I sent her a long message a couple of days ago explaining how I felt...after she sent me something saying that she is not unaffected by this and that she will miss and think of me. Still haven't heard anything back...maybe I won't.

So that's how it's going today. Another day behind me and another day for me to try and heal myself. Thanks again for all your support.