View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 02:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
sandrawg

Hon, my ex tried to pull the same cr*p...saying this is all over a couple of beers...don't believe it. It's verbal maniuplation (or as we say in al-anon, "quacking.")

This is a really great site, all about alcoholism, and this page might help you. It talks about what is enabling, how to detach, etc.

How to Help an Alcoholic

Originally Posted by missb89 View Post
Well he has been of help as far as he bought all her diapers, bottles, toys, anything she needed he did take care of. He built her room all by himself, he was there when she was born and stayed in the hospital with me the whole time. This is why I feel cruel if I don't let him see her. He was also clean for 6 weeks and that was up through the end of my pregancy, but a week after she was born he wanted to have a beer to "celebrate" which I enabled by drinking a glass of champagne wiht him, and from that point on he would drink on the weekends, and then he wanted to have a few drinks during the week to "relax." The day that we broke up he just asked for a few beers and I blew up and told him to get out. He keeps saying that everyone thinks it's ridiculous that I broke up with him over only wanting a few beers, and that I could've just told him no and that would've been the end of it.