View Single Post
Old 07-05-2004, 12:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
lizzy81001
Paused

as a youngster i can tell you to remain calm in the situation. to have an angry parent makes us less likely to feel secure enough to call and ask for that help. since she is young, she is going to experiment. sounds like she tried to strike a balance by calling you and not driving. that is a great decision on her part. however it's not acceptable for her to call consistantly because she is getting drunk frequently. making sure you have a stong bond and unit at the home helps a great deal. have you talked to her about the dangers of alcohol? does she know about the abuse that runs in the family? she needs to know that even though you understand the stress she might be experiencing (the divorce, not having dad at home) is difficult it is not an excuse to pick up a bottle and get drunk. is she having any other problems? problems at school, with friends, changes in behavior? pay close attention to the signs she is giving you. whether she realizes it or not her behavior will tell you what she is going thru right now. hope this helps a little. my grandfather was an alcoholic and my mom had to deal with me a few times in high school. keep posting and make your way to the alcohol forums. there you can find a suppor tgroup for family members such as yourself. you are in my prayers.