Thread: a magic wand
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 05:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
akrasia

Hi all,

Thanks for the thoughtful responses. He made it to the train station somehow, was able to text me from the train and I went and picked him up. He had a glass of wine this morning but poured the rest away and is trying to sober up.

I'm just bringing him food and generally looking after him while he sobers up. (He feels like crap, as you might imagine.) Right now he's sleeping. I said I'd take him to the emergency room if he wanted, but he seems okay. I said I'd take him to a residential treatment program if he wanted, I've been in contact with several. He's kind of frightened by the idea, but we agreed we'd talk about it more tomorrow.

So once he's better I'll have a serious talk with him. I don't want to do the "...or I'll leave!" thing, but I want to see where he thinks this is going. He did say this morning, "I'm tired of living this way."

I can't get it out of my head that if I say or do the right thing I can help him out of this mess. All I can do is love him and support him. And I deserve a safe place to sleep just like anyone else.

I kinda fear what will happen when I move out. Do I take the car with me? What if he forgets to lock (or even close) the front door at night, as has happened before?

Anyway, thanks again.