View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 02:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
sandrawg

Believe me, I understand denial. We've all been in it.

Be careful that you're not just engaging in narrow-minded thinking to feed that denial. You are never a prisoner...you're never locked into any situation..there are ALWAYS solutions.

I got divorced, and we didn't have to sell our house. I wonder if "this house will never sell" is just an obstacle you're placing in front of yourself. Change is hard, I know. But sometimes we make it harder by imagining more obstacles to change than there really are.

Originally Posted by TeM View Post
You're right, Sandrawg... maybe I'm still in a bit of denial myself. The good thing is that Daughter has a boyfriend who treats her very well, and they spend a lot of time together. His mother is also an alcoholic, so they can relate to each other....and neither of them drinks. I told her to never start; hope she listens.

I know I should probably separate myself and Daughter from the situation, but that is impossible financially. AW also has a slight hoarding problem, though it's confined to a couple of rooms... I refuse to let it consume the whole house. A divorce would mean selling the house, and there's no way it would ever sell in the shape it's in, not to mention what we owe on it. Getting it back in shape is part of my evolving plan.

Thanks for the advice; I still have lots of reality to face.