View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
TheSeeker

Suki: Thank you for the welcome and kind words. My previous post was mostly a response to you, but it also applies to Angelina.

I can't pretend that I know how the alcoholic mind functions. I know only really what I've read on here and previous experiences with family members who were alcoholics (father, grandfathers, grandmother). It kind of runs in my family and I did allow myself to go down the path of substance abuse for a while, but thankfully with some therapy I was able to pull myself out. I don't have the urge to drink today, so I don't think I was ever truly addicted.

With her, it was like night and day. When she was in treatment and her group AA, she was optimistic, loving, caring, and alive! I loved it about her, and I wanted her to succeed. Now though, she is pessimistic, moody, isolating herself, pushing me away, and worst of all seems to be drinking progressively more. It's just awful to see her go from one way to this. As far as our relationship goes, she knows I will support her, but she said there is a part of her that doesn't want it or anyones help.