View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 09:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TheSeeker

Help, Please...I fear she is relapsing.

Hello, I'm new here, so please be patient with me.

I started dating a girl (25, I am 28) and we hit it off really well. She told me right off the bat that she was a recovering alcoholic and participating in an out-patient rehab along with AA. She seemed to be very optimistic about treating her alcoholism, and I told her that if she needed any help she could count on me.

Well, things were going great for the first month, we connected really well and she continued her programs and stayed sober for 30 days...then she slipped and got drunk. I was understanding of it, because I know that slips are common in recovery. She seemed truly remorseful and said she hated me seeing her that way. However, not long after this incident her whole mindset began to change in regard to her optimism for sobriety, her life, and our relationship. She also discontinued her treatment, AA, and some medications citing that she couldn't afford the rehab, and the meds "seemed ineffective". Since her initial slip, she told me that she has drank socially a couple of times with her friends and on her bday, she went out and drank and said she had been planning on it and hadn't told me.

Now she has told me that she wants to break up with me and that se doesn't feel the same way about me anymore. Her behavior has been very erratic as of late, vascillating between sentiments of love toward me to this. Honestly, I think she is pushing me away because I am hindering her from her drinking.

I just don't know what to do now. Maybe there is nothing I can do. That's why I need some opinions. She knows she has a problem, and even said that she needs to get back into treatment.

Please help me. Thank you!