View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 06:42 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
suki44883
RIP Sweet Suki

Again, I understand how you are feeling. My daughter never drank, didn't abuse her medications or anything like that. I knew she had, and still has, some issues that caused problems for her. Yes, she was lazy and yes, she was afraid of almost everything, had horrible anxiety, OCD (still has a bit of that) and other things that just made it more difficult for her than most other people. But "normal" people don't attempt suicide five times. Maybe she just grew out of a lot of it since it all happened in her teenage years. It sounds like your son has some of the same issues my daughter had. The thing is, he is 38 years old now and has had many years of being in that rut. He knows no other way than having you to pick up the pieces and take care of him. If you are convinced that he has mental health issues, then by all means, take him to another doctor and yes, take him to the university hospital to see if part of it could be physical. Hopefully, they will find something that can be treated and maybe some of his problems will diminish. I truly hope so.