View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Shellcrusher

Anger and Diamonds are the same

I've seen many posts about anger lately. I have something that always helped me. Instead of worrying if I forgot to respond to a post, I'll just leave this here and let you guys do the rest.

My self proclaimed optimistic pessimism has taught me many things, if only backwards or in a different way.

So here's the deal.

Anger in it's raw, uncontrolled, unrefined state is no different than a chunk of coal. Dirty and not very strong. Take that coal and toss it at a wall and see what happens. It breaks into many small pieces and leaves a dark smudge. There's nothing beneficial there and I'm not a fan.

Take a step back. Feel that anger. Feel the heat. Let the pressure build but don't let it overwhelm. Refine it. Control it and direct it in a better way, like Yoga or whatever you like to do. Harness that energy into something else.

Keep it up and you will have something very powerful inside of you. Something very strong. Just like that coal, if given enough time, pressure, heat and refining, it will turn into a Diamond. Something beautiful. Something that takes in light and gives it back in many different colors. Something hard and timeless. it's something everyone wants, it's worth alot and it makes you feel good.

I feel angry, I see darkness. My face turns red and I feel hot. Finally, I feel hardened and strong and I see diamonds. I feel better.

That may be corny but it's something I've thought about since I was a youngster with a short fuse and it helps.