View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 09:03 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
super71

Nice thread.

I just brought my Delilah (10 year old lab) to the vet yesterday. After the vet listened to her chest she told me that it didn't sound good and that what she was hearing usually indicated a mass. Delilah has been with me through everything - my babies, my divorce, my engagement and break up, my drinking, my new quest for sobriety (22 days today)..

The wait for the xrays was horrible - during that time I convinced myself that I needed to drink if the news turned out to be bad. This is the first time in my 21 days so far that I had become determined to drink.. I just couldn't handle the idea of dealing with this sober. Luckily there was no mass and she is doing very well overall for her age!!

My sponsor had 19 years (!) of sobriety and then when she had to put her dog down she drank the morning of and then for the next 5 years. I absolutely LOVE my girl and am so blessed to haver her in my life - I just hate knowing that at some point probably not too far off I will lose her. It worries me greatly - I just hope I am stronger in my sobriety by the time it happens so that I can handle it soberly.

We are all so lucky to have the unconditional love our animals give us - even if it is for a relatively short amount of time. I am sorry if I am a downer on this thread - yesterday just scared me horribly! I am pampering my girl today.