View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 04:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
missb89

Trying to regain sanity...

My name is Sarah and I am new to this forum. I will start with my story. I knew a guy at work for over a year and had developed a crush on him. I knew that he was an exessive drinker, but for some reason this didn't concern me. We would flirt innocently and frequently. A few months later I found out I was pregnant, and the father of my child headed for the hills of Colorado leaving me alone. Tony felt sorry for me and invited me over to hang out. The first time we hung out he was so drunk he ended up getting naked and trying to dance around, and do all sorts of belligerant things. I left and told him I'd rather not hang out again. The next day he called me and told me he was never drinking again and he wanted me to come over. I did, and a relationship started from there. He stayed clean for 21 days and I really thought that meant something great, how naieve I was. We have been together now for the past nine months, throughout my entire pregnancy, and I now have a 6 week old baby girl. Throughout our whole relationship it's been cycles of binge drinking, promises of not drinking, quitting, just this last time for a whole 6 weeks. I tried to control him and ended up driving myself crazy. I would try to dictate which days of the week he could drink, how much, and of what. He would comply but then after a few weeks he wanted to add another day, and another day. He has embarrassed me at family functions and made me feel so stressed I would think I was going to explode. He makes me feel like I'm crazy, he has no problem. He tells me not to listen to these people on the internet, they don't know him. He has every excuse and reason in the world to do what he does. Now I finally tried to break up wtih him, and we have been living with my parents. My parents are giving him a few days to find somewhere to go so they won't kick him right out. My dad has been an alcoholic for 30+ years and for the past few days has been getting wasted with my now ex-boyfriend. They've been on each other's sides talking about how I think I'm perfect, and how stupid I am, how I am wrong, ect. ect. They are like their own little team. I am so infuriated, disgusted, and saddened by this that I refuse to stay at my own home until he is out of the house. So my daughter and I are staying at a friends house until Saturday when he leaves. I can't find any piece of mind and i can't relax because i keep getting so mad thinking about how i am here while he at home with my dad getting drunk and badmouthing me even though he "loves". I have taken him back so many times but this is one of the most hurtful things that he could do to me. My father and I's relationship and his alcoholism and emotional and physical abuse have scarred me for life, and now here he is making him his best friend and enabaling him. I have typed a whole novel here but any responses would be appreicated I am desperate for anything.