Thread: What now?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 01:33 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
hopeful4

Here's the thing. Eventually, you are going to get sick of having to isolate yourself. I got so sick of having little ladies at church try to set me up b/c they did not know i am married. I got sick of leaving or hiding when he was drinking. I got sick of just living w/someone versus having a husband.

Trust me, it will get worse. I advise you do not have children w/this person as if you do you will be crushed, as they always pick the bottle over their families. My husband did. Read around on here, 99.9% of the time that is how it happens. Don't try to change him, if there is any change it has to be because he wants it, not you.

Analyze your life, are you getting out of life what you deserve?? If not, why not and what can YOU do to change that. I am not trying to be harsh, I do feel your pain. I truly love my husband. He chose rehab thank God but has a long ways to go (100 days + clean). There is not a doubt in my head that if he were to take one sip ever, I....no HE....would be gone. I have finally hit my tolerance level...have you hit yours?? You will know it when you do as there will be no doubt in your mind that you will not put up with one second more.

Good Luck and God Bless.